Friday, March 25, 2011

FACEBOOK HAS CREATED A WHOLE GANG OF FAKE HUMANITARIANS LOL

No but seriously. I am not sure if it is a good or a bad thing because after all , support is support. This is how you increase awareness and so who am I to call you a straight fraud but at the same time let's be serious. Before twitter and facebook you were not praying for Haiti, you were praying for that fine a**Jamal you met in front of the club last night to call you or your boy to call julissa so that Julissa can plug you in w/ her long legged friend Lisa.

When I see people who haven't watched the news since the day Aaliyah died talking about Save the whales, help haiti, save japan, curb your dog, don't step on cockaroaches, fur is murder but i love me a medium rare steak-  I kind of want to laugh. Yes i know this is horrible but some people you know are just tweeting it or facebooking it because for that day its the in thing to do. If you're not doing it your insensitive and just straight up cruel, void of compassion. If you do tweet/facebook it you are cool, down, in, full of tender, love and care. You go from a Wiz Khalifa listening, Rick Ross quoting loser to a citizen of the world and all it took was a measly tweet to have the cyberworld fooled!

I'm no mother Theresa. Lord knows about my narcoleptic ways on the NYC subway. Yes I admit, I have pretended to be asleep on the train in order to avoid giving a hobo money but hey, when I give I give big so it balances it out lol

All I am trying to say is that aside from my rather sporadic alms giving, my interest in the world beyond my window is genuine. I am the child of African immigrants and so I have always felt connected to "the other." I have always been interested in the non-Western world and the often "woolly" relationships between different cultures. I cannot help but be interested in the plights of others and observing how hoards of people come together in a time of tragedy to the put the pieces of their larger communities back together.  I CARE, i cared before facebook and twitter and i will care after the next big social networking site hits.

As for all you facebook humanitarians, thank you for helping spread awareness and I hope one day you are cured of your Pinocchio syndrome and are inspired to make the world your country.

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny and so true. Some of these hood-boogers you KNOW don't know where half these places are on the map and will never donate a dime yet there they are all over the social media outlets acting like Mother Teresa's been born again in them. Its quite a shame but it makes me laugh nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  2. people who wouldn't know japan from detroit on a map lol

    ReplyDelete